Monday, June 01, 2015

The Big Apple

Why do people travel? I feel like everyone could have a different answer, but basically it’s the same one. The sense of adventure, of discovering and learning new cultures. 
I am only 18 but I can consider my self lucky because I had the opportunity to travel around the world. But what makes this traveling so amazing is Family. 

My dad came here during spring break and I cannot explain the happiness of hugging him again after so long. 

Of course it was raining. For the few people that  don’t live in Texas and cannot understand the frustration of this weather, just so y’all can understand, as soon as he left it was sunny again. But there’s a bright side to everything, we went to New York! It was so so so so so cold, after 8 months in Texas, I was not prepared to the cold. 
We were there for only few days although I tried to enjoy the few days in the Big Apple. 
The first day we went to the Chelsea Market, the Meatpacking District, Washington Square Park (I saw NYU, which is even more beautiful than what I’ve ever dreamed of) and the World Trade Center Memorial. 
The second day we had a walk through Central Park and the MOMA!!!! I love modern art, so being there was simply amazing and fascinating.
One of my childhood dreams was going to Broadway (of course to see something, I’m a terrible singer!) and on March 12 I achieved that little dream. My dad bought tickets to see mamma mia and it was even better than the movie. The actors were singing, acting and dancing around the stage making it seem so easy. No one ever gives credits for stage actors, they memorize everything and they have to make sure that every single scene is perfect, because they don’t have a second opportunity to do it again.
The third and last day we visited South Manhattan and  Brooklyn. I fell in love with Brooklyn and his hipster environment. I’m gonna move to New York one day, and I wouldn’t turn down a nice house with view on Manhattan. For dinner we went to the best Steak House: Peter Luger. I am not a big fan of red meat, but that is definitely one of my favorite restaurants and I recommend it to everyone that has the opportunity to stop in Brooklyn. 

I love New York and it’s one of my favorite place in the whole world, but the only thing that made it perfect is the fact that my dad was there with me.



Perché le persone viaggiano? Tutti hanno una risposta diversa, ma in fondo è sempre la stessa. Il senso di avventura, di scoperta e la conoscenza di nuove culture.
Ho solo 18 anni, ma posso considerarmi fortunata perché ho avuto l'opportunità di viaggiare in tutto il mondo. Ma ciò che rende questo viaggiare così meraviglioso è la Famiglia.

Mio papa è venuto qui durante le vacanze di primavera e non posso spiegare la gioia di abbracciarlo di nuovo dopo tanto tempo.

Naturalmente pioveva. Per le poche persone che non vivono in Texas e non riescono a capire la frustrazione di questo clima, così che voi possiate capirlo, non appena siamo partiti era di nuovo bello il tempo. Ma c'è un lato positivo a tutto, siamo andati a New York! Faceva un freddo tremendo e dopo 8 mesi in Texas, non ero preparata al freddo.
Eravamo lì solo per pochi giorni, e ho cercato di godermi i pochi giorni nella Grande Mela.
Il primo giorno siamo andati al Mercato di Chelsea, al Meatpacking District, Washington Square Park (ho visto la NYU, che è ancora più bella di quello che ho sempre sognato) e il World Trade Center Memorial.
Il secondo giorno abbiamo avuto una passeggiata attraverso Central Park e il MOMA !!!! Amo l'arte moderna, e’ semplicemente incredibile e affascinante.
Uno dei miei sogni d'infanzia e’ andare a Broadway (naturalmente a vedere qualcosa, io sono una cantante terribile!) E il 12 marzo quel piccolo sogno e’ diventato realtà. Mio papa ha preso i biglietti per Mamma Mia ed è stato ancora meglio del film. Gli attori cantavano, recitavano e ballavano intorno al palco facendolo sembrare così facile. Nessuno dà mai crediti agli attori di teatro, che devono memorizzare tutto e devono fare in modo che ogni singola scena sia perfetta, perché non hanno una seconda opportunità di farlo di nuovo.
Il terzo e ultimo giorno abbiamo visitato South Manhattan e Brooklyn. Mi sono innamorata di Brooklyn e il suo ambiente hipster. Se dovessi trasferirmi a New York, un giorno, non dire mai no ad una bella casa con vista su Manhattan. Per cena siamo andati alla migliore Steak House: Peter Luger. Io non sono una grande fan della carne rossa, ma questo è sicuramente uno dei miei ristoranti preferiti e lo consiglio a tutti coloro che hanno la possibilità di fermarsi a Brooklyn.


Amo New York ed è uno dei miei posti preferiti in tutto il mondo, ma l'unica cosa che ha reso perfetto è il fatto che mio papa’ fosse lì con me.

























No comments:

Post a Comment