Sunday, June 14, 2015

See you soon

I’m here in Washington, sitting on a chair and waiting for my flight, the flight that is gonna take me back in Italy. All the memories are popping up in my mind like millions of flashbacks. All the smiles and tears, all the little moments of joy and all the moments that brought me to realizing that Texas is home. 10 months ago I left my family, my friends and my life and left; put few (okay  maybe a lot) of clothes in a suitcase and hope in my heart. 
I could have never thought that this moment would come so fast, i haven’t realized that I was leaving until yesterday night when I slept for the last time in my bed. There are not enough words to describe the feeling, it’s like a part of me will always remain in San Antonio, and nothing is gonna change that. 
I have never been a huge fan of goodbyes, indeed i kinda hate them. 

I spent hours yesterday night, trying to find the right words to say, but i couldn’t. The reality is that my heart is not ready to say goodbye, 10 months flew away. It feels like yesterday when i got at the airport and now I’m here, nervous to see everyone back in Italy and heartbroken because of the many goodbyes. 


I don’t really wanna talk about it because it still breaks my heart. This is not a goodbye Texas, is a see you soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment